Buy Belt drive furnace blower
Belt drive furnace blower employs the mounts on the outside of the housing, has a pulley on the shaft and a pulley on the wheel, and a to connect the two pulleys together. housings and wheels come it two types: drive and direct drive.
It is so called because it has a pulley on the shaft and a pulley on the wheel, and a to connect the two pulleys together. In this type the mounts on the outside of the housing. Which type you have can be easily determined by looking at your and making a visual assessment. Older s typically are driven, and newer ones direct drive Direct drive means the is mounted inside the housing and the shaft connects directly into the center of the wheel..
Driven Frames without comprises of features which are unique to it .The driven less consists of:
- Heavy Gauge Steel
- Universal Mounting Supports
- Mounting Bracket (max. HP 3/4)
- Mounting Hardware
- Assembly is made easy by the holes and guide slots.
Some precaution which need to be undertaken while checking on the condition of a drive are that primarily before doing any cleaning on the , be sure to shut down the power to your at the main circuit panel. Otherwise, someone may turn up the thermostat upstairs, engaging the and entangling your head in the .This may prove to be very dangerous.
s which are driven and should be serviced every year s use. r. forces the air through the heating system throughout your home s require occasional cleaning and lubrication. In most models, there is an access panel on the side of the that conceals the assembly.
On most driven assemblies, both the shaft and the fan shaft should be lubricated with oil annually. Some units might even have visible oil spouts with little covers on them. In any case, 20-weight machine oil is good. Be sure NOT to overfill the oil compartments because this will lead to a difficult mess. You have to use some discretion here, as some direct drive units may not require oil. It most wise to consult the manufacturer's manual for specific directions. Oiling a that does not require it is an admirable notion, but it will only lead to problems. Be sure to visually inspect the for cracks or frayed areas and replace it if it looks questionable. The cost of doing so is completely irrelevant in comparison to the hefty cost of emergency service! These s will eventually fail if left unchecked.
Some more vital steps that need be followed while checking the drives are :
- Push the in the center between the pulleys to check for tension. It should have at least Â½" give on it.
- To remove the , you will probably have to loosen the hold-down bolts that secure the assembly and then push the towards the to slacken the . If this scenario does not pertain to your , refer to your manufacturer's instructions on how to change the . They are usually printed on the inside of the removable panel door.
- Once you've removed the , take it to a hardware store or home center and purchase the replacement. Reinstall the , reversing the steps you took to remove it. Remember to allow about Â½" give on the ; failure to do so will result in excessive wear on the bearings.
In the simplest illustration, a creates heat and then circulates this energy to the other parts of the house. How it creates this heat depends on the make of the . Different s burn different materials - some burn gas, others oil or coal. Newer s create heat with an electrical resistance element. No matter what type of heating system your home has, always ensure that you have sufficient smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home. It may save your life one day (please see our articles on each under health & safety).